Translate

Saturday, April 1, 2023

Shandée - Deleting Memories

As I scroll through pictures of days gone by,

I see friends and family, some no longer nearby.

We once shared laughter and memories bright,

But now we've all taken different paths in life.

 

Opening this Pandora's box of the past,

A flood of memories, hitting me fast.

Deleting pictures, one by one,

Of people and moments that are now gone.

 

Videos of parties, I once tried to fit in,

But now I see they never truly let me in.

Deleting pictures of my dreams and desires,

Realizing I no longer need to stoke those fires.

 

Poems that I wrote, so mature for my age,

A reflection of a life that's turned the page.

Activating an old account, I thought I closed for good,

A reminder that time moves on, like it should.

 

Some left us, making us cry,

Others are no longer here, but we still try,

To hold on to the memories that we once shared,

Yet sometimes it's best to let go and clear the air.

 

Deleting the past, may seem a painful chore,

But it's necessary to create space for something more.

A new chapter in life, where we can start anew,

With lessons learned and memories, both old and new.

 

So goodbye to the past, and hello to the new,

With an unwritten future, open and true.

Irony of deleting what once brought joy,

Metaphor of a new beginning, like a butterfly from a cocoon, to enjoy.


No comments: