Translate

Thursday, March 30, 2023

Shandée - Breaking Chains and Embracing Love


The past has struck me down with force,

It chains my heart and stops my course.

When I dare to break the ice,

My ghosts appear, it's not so nice.

 

I should not care what others think,

But fear stops me, I start to sink.

Alone with my pillow every night,

I pour my heart out, it feels all right.

 

I've reached some highs I never thought,

The world says I'm crazy, but I fought.

What use is sanity in this place,

Where no one understands my case.

 

Someone once kissed me with their heart,

And I lost myself, I fell apart.

But it all vanished as it came,

What we had, what we were, it's lame.

 

I'm left with doubts that hold me back,

And silly fears that I must attack.

But how can I forget those words,

Of love and promises like birds?

 

I don't miss what was, nor want to return,

But holding on hurts, I feel the burn.

I've cried enough, yelled at life,

Said I won't love again, no more strife.

 

I know I can't erase my past,

But I must face my fears at last.

I have someone who wants to make,

My days brighter, my nights awake.

 

It's not magic, it had to be,

But I must handle it with maturity.

I fear losing my sight, my sense,

When my heart loves, my brain's defense.

 

A new life is what I'm offered,

And I want to believe, I'm not deterred.

It won't be easy, I'm aware,

But if I don't try, I'll never dare.

 

I asked the sky for some solace,

And an angel came, a consoling face.

"Don't fear failure, you won't be happy,

Better to try and fail than to be sappy.

 

Regrets won't help, they're in the past,

Leave it all behind, make a new cast.

Try again before losing love's flame,

You might find joy, you might not blame."


No comments: