Translate

Friday, August 5, 2011

Shandée - The Chill of Winter



I never thought, I could not conceive

That winter so gloomy, it would bury me

The storms I once saw, deep within

Now I felt them, in my core and skin

 

I crafted illusions, that's what I got

To cope with the freeze, that filled me up

It numbed my heart, made it unhappy

A chill, unshakeable, that clung to me

 

It's hard not to dwell, on what's in the past

Harder still, to hold back tears amassed

Knowing I gave my all, and still couldn't be

Happy, by your side, it just wasn't meant to be

 

I'm not to blame, it's not my fault

Just a protagonist, in a story with no exalt

No happy ending, but I'll walk on my own

And one day, I'll find a warmth that's unknown

 

The light through my window, once had no meaning

Now, I cherish every detail, without leaning

On you, for validation, it's all mine to see

And soon, I'll feel a new warmth, deep within me


No comments: